Stormwater NSW has developed a course for the Guidelines for Maintenance of Stormwater Treatment Measures. Stormwater NSW are committed to rolling out a series of workshop training sessions to provide attendees with real world examples and experiences relating to the maintenance of council assets.
The following workshops have been scheduled:
- Tuesday, 23rd November 2021
The manual can be purchased as a standalone document or can be purchased in conjunction with the full-day training workshops. Prices are quoted in Australian dollars and are inclusive of 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
|Manual Purchase and Face to Face Workshop Attendance for 1 person||$595||$795|
|Face to Face Workshop Only – No Manual||$495||$695|
Each manual will be licensed to the individual named when purchasing the guidelines. Due to the limited spots available at these workshops, attendance must be paid in full at the time of registering. You will receive an electronic copy of the manual within five (5) working days of the scheduled workshop.
For more information on the Workshop Series, please contact GEMS Event Management on +61 2 9744 5252 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The workshop is aimed at Maintenance Managers and Cleaning Contractors, as well as Council staff involved in the sizing, siting and approval of stormwater treatment measures. This is a new course developed by Stormwater NSW
The workshop focuses on the new O+M Guidelines, produced by Stormwater NSW, that will become the industry standard and reference document for the Maintenance of Stormwater assets.
Topics to be covered include:
- An introduction to the types of treatments, their classifications and purposes
- An introduction to the types of GPTs and their functionality (if you understand how they work, then you’ll understand how this impacts cleaning)
- The reality of monitoring, regular cleaning, and annual/comprehensive cleaning
- Quick coverage of 90% of proprietary devices
- A more detailed focus on the 4 devices that have 90% of the market
- Cleaning specifications for these – to include in tenders, and be used on the ground
- Secondary treatment/Green treatments – in summary only
- Dewatering – a problem for every site
- Field validation of performance, cleaning results
- GPT auditing and WSUD auditing
- Costing – how much should cleaning cost
- Budgeting and bean counters – how to get the money to do it right
- Results, reports and record keeping – why
- Tips for improving device performance – get better bang for your buck
A copy of the Guidelines will be provided for all attendees.
The presenter for this workshop will be Murray Powell, who is secretary of Stormwater NSW, one of the document authors and General Manager of Optimal Stormwater who are one of the leaders in design/construction/auditing/rectification of stormwater treatment devices.
Spaces are limited at these workshops.
Operations and Maintenance Manual Overview Webinar