Stormwater NSW Guidelines for Maintenance of Stormwater Treatment Measures
About the Guidelines
Stormwater quality improvement measures are an essential component of our stormwater infrastructure to protect environmental, recreational and economic values of our waterways.
The Guidelines will assist Asset Managers to plan, tender and implement routine maintenance for stormwater treatment measures.
It will also provide guidance to Cleaning Contractors on how to maintain each type of stormwater treatment measure. Concise explanations of maintenance tasks for each stormwater measure are provided.
The manual can be purchased as a standalone document or can be purchased in conjunction with the full-day training workshops which will be fully rolled out once the government restrictions in place due to Covid-19 are lifted.
The first training session will be held in the Bayside Council area in November 2020. This event will have the capacity for a maximum of 25 attendees both face to face and virtually. The workshop will provide attendees with real world examples and experiences relating to the maintenance of council assets. Registration for the first workshop will be available through this portal until sold out, at which time a second workshop will be announced.
Manual Purchase and Face to Face Workshop $595
Manual Purchase and Virtual Workshop – 4th November 2020 $545
Face to Face Workshop Only – No Manual $495
Virtual Workshop Only – No Manual – 4th November $445
Manual Only $395
Manual Purchase and Face to Face Workshop $795
Manual Purchase and Virtual Workshop – 4th November 2020 $745
Face to Face Workshop Only – No Manual $695
Virtual Workshop Only – No Manual – 4th November $645
Manual Only $595
- Muswellbrook: Thursday, 15th October
- Wolli Creek: Wednesday, 4th November Workshop Proudly Sponsored by Ocean Protect
- Parramatta: TBC
- Illawarra: TBC
- Orange: TBC
This workshop is aimed at Maintenance Managers and Cleaning Contractors, as well as Council staff involved in the sizing, siting and approval of stormwater treatment measures. This is a new course developed by Stormwater NSW
This workshop focuses on the new O+M Guidelines, produced by Stormwater NSW, that will become the industry standard and reference document for the Maintenance of Stormwater assets.
Topics to be covered include:
- An introduction to the types of treatments, their classifications and purposes
- An introduction to the types of GPTs and their functionality (if you understand how they work, then you’ll understand how this impacts cleaning)
- The reality of monitoring, regular cleaning, and annual/comprehensive cleaning
- Quick coverage of 90% of proprietary devices
- A more detailed focus on the 4 devices that have 90% of the market
- Cleaning specifications for these – to include in tenders, and be used on the ground
- Secondary treatment/Green treatments – in summary only
- Dewatering – a problem for every site
- Field validation of performance, cleaning results
- GPT auditing and WSUD auditing
- Costing – how much should cleaning cost
- Budgeting and bean counters – how to get the money to do it right
- Results, reports and record keeping – why
- Tips for improving device performance – get better bang for your buck
- A copy of the Guidelines will be provided for all attendees.
The presenter for this workshop will be Murray Powell, who is secretary of Stormwater NSW, one of the document authors and General Manager of Optimal Stormwater who are one of the leaders in design/construction/auditing/rectification of stormwater treatment devicesSpaces are limited, should you have any questions please contact GEMS Event Management Australia on +61 2 9744 5252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org